Monday, March 3, 2008

3/4/08 - More Catch-Up

A few weeks ago, Erick Johnson and I embarked on a photography day-trip into the city (Boston). My goal was to attempt to capture the spirit of the city while avoiding some of the more touristy shots. I found it wasn't as easy as I had hoped.

Before even deciding on a plan of action, we noticed an opportunity with the unique window panes of the Park Street T station.




Next we putz'ed around the Public Gardens. Of course, being mid-February there were no flowers and little color. In fact, the only color I found was a red balloon stuck in a tree. I decided to capture it with the Berkley and Hancock Towers in the background



We then made our way over to Fanuel Hall, grabbed a coffee and then proceeded over to Haymarket to hopefully capture the sights of this energetic outdoor market. For a photographer, it can be sensory overload.



From Haymarket, we crossed under the Expressway and checked-out the North End. It didn't take us long to find a great bakery.