Tuesday, April 15, 2008

4/15/2008 - Full Moon Rising on Cedar Point


Full Moon Rising on Cedar Point


While attending a function across the bay from Cedar Point, I looked out the large plate glass window that overlooks the Bay and noticed a huge full moon coming up over the horizon of the Atlantic. Since things were wrapping up, I herded my family into the Jeep and drove over to Cedar Point Light. I took a bunch of shots that night. However, this one was captured as I was heading back to the Jeep and was taken without a tripod. I really didn't think it was going to come out, but I was pleasantly surpised by the results. Thank goodness for Image Stability.

This is probably one of those images that means more to me than to anyone else because of how it was captured. As a result of not using a tripod, the image is a little blurry in places. However, it is not significantly obvious and actually compliments the moodiness of the scene.